Already ten years in Russia successfully work the state program of support of families which are raised by two and more children. Funds which are allocated according to this program are called "maternity capital". In the law it is directly specified that mothers and their children having citizenship of the Russian Federation can count on it. However many immigrants who became Russians only recently still don't understand whether they have the right to use the state support, or not. You will find the answer to this and other questions of rather maternity capital in this article.
Size of maternity capital
The size of maternity capital establishes the state, at the same time the sum can be indexed. In 2017 the size of maternity capital was 453 026 rubles.
To whom is maternity capital given?
To the Russian families in which from 2007 to 2018 inclusive was born the second child (has been adopted). Maternity capital can be received also on the third and the subsequent children, but only on condition that at the birth (adoption) of the second child the right for this state support hasn't been used.
First of all mother - the citizen of the Russian Federation has the right for maternity capital. At the same time her children also have to have the Russian citizenship.
The father - the citizen of the Russian Federation has the right for maternity capital if he is the only adoptive father of the child. Besides, the right for maternity capital passes to fathers regardless of their nationality in cases if at mother of the child the right to maternity capital has stopped (she has died, has been deprived of the parental rights, or committed a crime against the identity of the child and so forth).
In cases if children have lost both parents (adoptive parents), they also have the right for maternity capital.
In the Federal law No. 256 "About additional measures of the state support of the families having children", it is noted that the right to maternity capital arises at the birth of the second child. However actually this right arises with finding of citizenship of the Russian Federation by mother and her child (in case of compliance to other conditions). In other words, if at the time of the birth the child, as well as his mother, were citizens of other state, but later they have obtained the Russian citizenship, then from this point they can apply for maternity capital.
How to receive maternity capital?
The certificate on maternity capital is issued by the Pension Fund of the Russian Federation (PFRF). It is possible to receive the certificate in division of RPF in the place of the actual accommodation.
For this purpose mother (in some cases – to the father) needs to provide such documents.
1. Passport of the citizen of the Russian Federation.
2. Birth certificates of children (for adopted – the certificate on adoption). At the same time in them there have to be data on nationality of the child (one of):
- indication of nationality of parents;
- a stamp of passport and visa services about nationality of the child;
- an insert (if have received it till February 7, 2007).
3. Identity documents, residence and powers of the lawful representative or authorized representative.
4. The statement for issue of the certificate on maternity capital.
Where it is possible to spend maternity capital?
The feature of maternity capital is in what to parents is handed out not by(with) money, but the special certificate. Cashing of maternity capital is forbidden by the law.
Money can be spent in the non-cash way, previously having directed the application to the Pension fund. At the same time it is possible to dispose of maternity capital only after to the child who has granted the right to maternity capital three years are executed.
Maternity capital can be directed to such purposes.
1. Improvement of living conditions. Here enters:
- acquisition/construction of premises;
- payment of an initial contribution / repayment of a principal debt when receiving the credit, including mortgage, on acquisition or construction of housing.
2. Education by child(children).
3. Acquisition of certain goods and services for disabled children.
4. Formation of an investment part of the state pension for mother.
Remember! The right for maternity capital is granted only once. It is also important to understand that the state allocates money not to the specific child, but his parents. How to spend this money, the family, proceeding from the requirements solves (but within the opportunities established by the law).
It is more than details it is possible to recognize by receiving and use of maternity capital in the Pension Fund of the Russian Federation.